Using fabric in scrapbooking
How to Chase Away Your Scrapbooking Burnout
It happens to every scrapbooker. No matter how long you've been scrapbooking, you're going to face scrapbooking burnout at some time. There can be so many reasons for it. Maybe you just can't decide what papers to use or which embellishments. Here are a few tips to help you overcome your scrapbooking burnout.
1. A new scrapbooking technique may be just what you need to spark your imagination. Grab some photos and try one out today.
2. Ignore the backlog of photos and just scrap one photograph. Choose a favorite photo, and make it your focal point. Sometimes getting started is all the motivation you need.
3. Give yourself permission to throw out poor quality photographs. Your backlog will start to shrink and just looking through your photos may inspire you.
4. Start organizing your supplies. Just seeing all the cool materials you have to work with may spark your creativity.
5. Flip through scrapbooking magazines for inspiration. They are filled with great page ideas, techniques to try and information on the latest products.
6. Take a scrapbooking course or workshop. This is sure to bring your some motivation.
7. Plan a scrapbooking crop for your friends. If you don't want to plan one yourself, attend a crop at your local scrapbooking store.
8. A trip to your local scrapbooking store to see all the new products can also inspire you to start creating scrapbooking pages.
9. Allow yourself to make mistakes. Trying to be perfect is a sure way to get scrapbooking burnout.
10. Have a scrapbooking supply sale of your own. Give away or sell some of your supplies. Sometimes have less is more. You may have so many choices you don't know where to start.
11. Try it page by page. Don't set a goal of creating a scrapbooking album a night.
12. Take a scrapbooking challenge. Many online scrapbooking communities organize challenges. The participants all follow the same basic guidelines for a page, and then show off their creations in the community gallery.
13. Have you tried digital scrapbooking? Digital scrapbooking is becoming more and more popular among scrapbookers. It's certainly less messy than traditional scrapbooking.
14. Check out the message boards and galleries at online scrapbooking communities. The excitement of the members and seeing their ideas and pages provides plenty of inspiration.
15. Let others see your scrapbooks. Show your pages to your friends and family. Seeing how others react to your albums can motivate you to create more albums.
Try just a few of these ideas, and chase away your scrapbooking burnout today.
Christine Perry is an avid scrapbooker and has over 10 years of scrapbooking experience. Her favorite scrapbooking subjects are her reluctant teenagers. She invites you to her website, www.intoscrapbooking.com for more scrapbooking tips and how to make a school scrapbooking album.